Friday, April 20, 2012

DIY Water Filter System - Sketches


 Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
I made up sketch a PVC DIY home filter system. Camera is at the other house so here is my cheesy 
picture:


Using home filters (from any of the hardware stores), there are two micro filters and a carbon filters in
there. It connects to the faucet and runs into the tanks from there. I can pick this thing up and move
it from room to room if I have to.

My plan is to get 2 55 gallon storage tanks and run the filter to the drums. Then circulate the water with
a sump from harbor freight and then to the fish tanks. Adding a float valve will ensure they don't flood
the room.


The control valve when closed will circulate the water. When open it will be used to fill the tanks.

I'm using a 240 GPH pump that I use to empty the tanks. I put a modified end to the pump so it will pull
the water with out sucking in the fish. Again the plan is to use another 55 gallon drum to collect the fish
water out side and use it in the yard.

Yet Another plan is to make a a solar panel to heat the fish room. Solar Heat

I will post pictures when I get things moving along, but so far this is what the plan is. If anyone has
question I will do my best to help answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your ideas or comments