Friday, April 20, 2012

DIY Water filter system completed



Here is the filter system completed:


Completed Filter System

3 GE House hold Filters connected together (fist canister has a 50 micro filter the other 2 canisters have carbon filter).  The base is made out of 3/4 in PVC. I added a short RV (Walmart - automotive area) type to the end that connects to the faucet and another longer RV style to the other end.  after constructing this I realized I needed a hose holder. So off to the hardware store to finish the job.  Makes it easy to trans port and move around and store it. 

Clear 1" hose at end to the fill adapter


At the end going to the tank I came up with this idea (not really a good friend of mine uses it and I liked the idea and made this). There is a ball joint to stop the flow of water at the end of the RV hose.


Now on to the fill adapter.  I love this idea because when you put it in the water it makes the water dispersal easy on smaller fish and Fry. I drill holes on the top sides and bottom. It may look crude but it does the job.

Fill adapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your ideas or comments