Friday, April 20, 2012

2x6 Add on rack - Work in progress



2x6 Add on rack - Work in progress



Such a nice day. I was out side soaking it up. The way the Free reception desk sat I wanted another row of tanks to go above it.  So I came up with this design. and starting building an addition to my Rack. So here you go:



Made from 2x6's I added the extra shelf supports to the top to ensure the stability of the extra weight. 

This will give me an additional 5 20's in a stair formation. Th height of the 2x6 worked out great and achieved the out come I was looking for. 


More pictures to come. Put this is the progress for today. Next step is to wire in the over tank lights. and get this baby installed. 

I have 11 tanks that I have to Paint the back and one side to add to this. Project for 2marow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your ideas or comments